If you are a vegetarian, I’m sure your non-vegetarian friends would have asked you this question. That too with a frown that would make you feel something is really wrong with the choice you made.
And then comes along a volley of other questions that would question your motive of being a vegetarian.
So here’s a list of 15 comments every vegetarian gets to hear:
1) What? You have never even tasted it?
Yes, that’s just a taboo.
2) Just have some gravy
Because gravy as per non-vegetarians does not have any non-veg.
3) How do you survive?
Yes, how do you? Where do you get your protein from?
4) No wonder it’s so hot these days. You are eating all the plants
And all that green leafy vegetable could just turn you into a green eyed monster.
5) Taste this chicken, it’s just like paneer
Yes, because both are cubes – chicken cubes, paneer cubes…
6) You are missing out on the good things in life
Because it’s too wonderful a thing to miss out eating on.
7) No wonder you don’t have any strength
And that you are judged by your lean physique.
8) Are you ok if we eat non-veg in front of you?
Because no one wants a vegetarian twitching their nose and puking on the table.
9) You don’t eat eggs too?
Because eggs are vegetarian? Right?
10) You eat ghas-phus all day?
Because that is just disheartening to hear.
11) Your entire family is a vegetarian?
And that brings your friends to the conclusion that you belong to another planet.
12) How can you not eat non-veg?
Yes, because people fight to eat non-veg.
13) Wait, we’ll mix chicken in your veg biryani
And that’s the most devilish plan they can think of.
14) Are vegetables as tasty as chicken?
Because that’s one question that bothers every non-vegetarian.
15) Are you a pure vegetarian? Eh! Don’t tell lies. You must have eaten it sometime
And that brings us back to the question – “ How can someone not eat non-veg? Impossible!
If you or your friends have heard any other comments on being a vegetarian, then do tell us in the comments below.
Pssstt! We are not biased against non-vegetarians or vegetarians, which is why we have a good number of veg and non-veg restaurants on board. Hungry? Just order on http://justeat.in/ or just tap our app!
Image source: giphy.com and google.com