1. The juice of bottle gourd is a valuable medicine for excessive thirst due to severe diarrhea, diabetes and excessive use of fatty or fried foods.
2. The Gourd fruit juice is used in the treatment of insanity, epilepsy and other nervous diseases.
3. The juice of the fruit is used in the treatment of stomach acidity, indigestion and ulcers.
4. Bottle gourd is not only rich in essential minerals, iron, protein and trace elements; it is also rich in fibre. Fibre helps in preventing constipation and other digestive disorders like flatulence and piles.
5. Bottle gourd is very valuable in urinary disorders. It should be given once daily in the treatment of burning sensation in urinary passage due to high acidity of urine. It serves as an alkaline mixture.
6. Bottle gourd helps in overcoming jaundice.
7. Bottle gourd juice is also helpful in losing weight.
8. Cooked Bottle gourd is anti-bilious. It makes one relax after eating. But one should not eat the vegetable raw as it can harm the stomach and intestines.
9. Bottle Gourd prevents excessive loss of sodium, quenches thirst and helps in preventing fatigue.
Calories 9(Kilojoules 38)
|Name||Quantity||% Daily value|
|Total Fat||0.1 g||0%|
|Sat. Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbs||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||0.9 g||4%|