- Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) provide an excellent source of molybdenum. They are also a very good source of folic acid and fiber.
- They are a good source of protein, as well as minerals such as iron, copper and zinc.
- It can help in improving blood sugar levels.
- Garbanzo beans contain both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, which help to remove cholesterol containing bile from the body, and also prevents digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulitis.
- Garbanzo beans also contain lots of protein and manganese, which is a cofactor in a variety of enzymes that help with the bodies energy production.
- Garbanzo contain phytochemicals called saponins, which can act as antioxidants. It could lower the risk of breast cancer, protect against osteoporosis and minimise hot flushes in post-menopausal women.
Serving Size 1 cup (200.0 g)
Amount Per Serving : Calories(728), Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat (12.1g)||19%|
|Saturated Fat (1.3g)||6%|
|Monounsaturated Fat (2.7g)||-|
|Total Carbohydrates (121.3g)||40%|
|Dietary Fiber (34.8g)||139%|